Now Open! Schedule Your Tour.
CALL US AT 830-623-2105
Welcome to the Blake at New Braunfels
Building a New Tradition in Care
The Blake at New Braunfels, conveniently located between San Antonio and Austin, features resort-style comfort and service. Hospitality and luxury are blended to create an exceptional senior retirement community. You are going to feel right at home!
To follow our progress and learn about employment openings, follow The Blake at New Braunfels on Facebook.
The Blake at New Braunfels is a proposed upscale assisted living (AL) and memory care (MC) community. Developed by LifeCare Properties, the 109-unit community will be managed by Blake Management Group, a leader in senior living that sets high standards and provides long-term stability.
When is the right time for assisted living? When you find the right place. From the atmosphere to the care, every experience here is customized for each resident’s needs.
- Personalized floor plans with security/monitoring technology
- Customized wellness programs
- Full hospitality services from concierge to laundry
For residents who experience memory loss from Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia, The Blake offers Memory Care suites that are safe, secure and designed for residents with cognitive challenges.
- Memory-care-designed floor plans
- Monitoring system configured to match each resident’s behavioral pattern, creating a continuous protective, non-invasive security for the resident
- Customized wellness programs
- Extensive amenities customized for memory care residents
- Deep in the heart of the Texas Hill Country, conveniently set astride the I-35 corridor between San Antonio and Austin (one of the most-traveled highway intersections in Texas), New Braunfels is overflowing with old world heritage and small town Texas charm
- New Braunfels has over 700 acres of land that consists of developed parks and open space providing a wide variety of recreational opportunities to meet your leisure needs
- Quick access to highways, and close to nearby air, rail and bus services
- An upscale assortment of shopping, entertainment, and a full range of healthcare is available
- Over 15 local wineries and breweries, including the Hill Country Craft Breweries
- Foodies will love the wide range of restaurants available in the city as well
- Home to Texas’ oldest bakery, oldest dance hall, and Wurstfest an annual 10-day salute to sausage
Our Assisted Living and Memory Care suites offer dedicated staff, courtyards and tailored programs.
Great Floor Plans
A variety of suites offers flexible floor plans to meet your needs.
24-hour nursing care, seven days a week - we don't rest, so that you can rest.
Our Active Living program offers social, emotional and physical engagement.
Our delicious chef-prepared meals are served restaurant-style daily. We also offer healthy snacks available throughout the day.
The Blake's concierge services assist in resident transportation and family communication needs.
Daily and weekly housekeeping services are available.
Residents enjoy spending time in our salon, activity rooms, movie room, card-playing room, on-site physical therapy clinic and several gathering rooms.
DESIGNED FOR EASE AND ENTHUSIASM
Floor plans range from light-filled studios to two-bedroom residences with options including a balcony or porch overlooking the courtyard. Ten-foot ceilings and traditional millwork add to the sense of spaciousness, while walk-in closets and pantries offer plenty of storage options.
Each residence is designed to offer the right balance of privacy and hospitality with access to tremendous spaces for gatherings with family and friends:
- Lush outdoor courtyards
- Full-feature theatre room
- Custom bocce ball courts
- Fitness center and spa
- Chef-prepared meals and restaurant-style dining
- Library and business center
The Blake at New Braunfels team
Shauna Metcalf is from San Marcos, where she lived for 17 years. She is a licensed Physical Therapist and has worked in a variety of settings. She has her bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy from LSU Medical School of Allied Health Professions. She is also currently enrolled at Texas A&M Corpus Christi for her MBA in Healthcare Administration.
Director of Sales
Vanessa Hayes is from good ‘ole New Braunfels, Texas, where she has worked in the senior living industry for the past 10 years. She studied business marketing and management at Alamo College in San Antonio.
Director of Wellness
Megan Perez was born and raised in San Antonio. In 2001 she graduated as a licensed vocational nurse and in 2007 she earned her associate degree in nursing, both from St. Phillips college. She has been in the industry since 1997 first as a caregiver, then med tech to LVN, and now an RN.
Director of Activities
Originally from Kansas, Kelli moved to San Marcos in 2007 for a track and field scholarship at Texas State University. She is a Recreational Therapist, MBA student, and a Fun Connoisseur! Kelli has worked with wounded and injured service members and veterans, as well as with children who have neuromuscular and musculoskeletal impairments.
Director of Facility Maintenance
Sean was born in San Antonio and raised in New Braunfels. For the past 16 years, he has been in healthcare facilities maintenance dedicating his efforts to enriching the lives of each and every one of his residents.
Memory Care Coordinator
Paula has lived in New Braunfels for 38 years and her passion lies in the healthcare field. She has been excited about The Blake since seeing it being built in real-time. It brings Paula great joy to add a little sunshine to brighten up the residents’ days.
Director of Business Operations
Originally from East Yorkshire, England, Ria moved to South Texas when she was 4 years old. She holds a bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration from Texas State University and an MBA from LSU online. Ria has worked in the healthcare agency field from staffing to recruiting to onboarding and so much more. Her favorite part about her role is learning the behind-the-scenes of the operations.
A long-term care ombudsman helps residents of a nursing facility and residents of an assisted living facility resolve complaints. Help provided by an ombudsman is confidential and free of charge. To speak with an ombudsman, a person may call the toll-free number 1-800-252-2412.